Honors Program Fellowship
Your commitment: Earn an associate degree at Tri-C in two years.
Our commitment: An exceptional learning experience to support your transfer to a quality university AND a scholarship to cover your Tri-C tuition, fees and book costs.*
The Honors Program Fellowship provides financial scholarship support to high-achieving students in the Tri-C Honors Program. The program emphasizes scholarship, leadership, research, creativity, and critical thinking through active learning, including community involvement and other forms of experiential learning throughout the Honors curricula.
Key benefits of enrolling in the Honors Program Fellowship include:
- A special emphasis on academic planning, faculty mentoring and portfolio-building to reflect student work;
- Collaborative planning to facilitate transfer to an upper-tier university – Honors Program students have been accepted at prestigious institutions including Cornell University, Case Western Reserve University, The Ohio State University, John Carroll University, The College of the Atlantic, and the University of California-Berkeley;
- Small class sizes to ensure personal attention;
- Engagement with other Honors students through service-learning, Phi Theta Kappa membership, Tri-C Student Success Symposium participation and Honors activities.
The Honors Program Fellowship student applicant must:
- Be a first-time, full-time college student for Fall 2024;
- Have a 3.5 GPA or higher high school grade point average (dual enrolled/College Credit + students must also have 3.5 GPA at Tri- C);
- Meet the Honors Program placement criteria for English and math;
- Complete the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Honors Program Fellowship competitive scholarship application.
*The scholarship is for two years (one year renewal), provided the student maintains minimum enrolled credits and grade point average each semester. The scholarship is valued up to $2,713 per semester, and cannot be combined with other Tri-C focused academic or tuition-based scholarships.
How To Apply
- Apply to Cuyahoga Community College(Tri-C). If you need assistance, work with a Recruitment Specialist.
- Upon receiving an S Number, complete Tri-C's General Scholarship Application.
- Submit the Prestigious Awards application. Completing this application ensures that you will be considered for both the Honors Program Fellowship and the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Scholars Academy.
- Schedule an admission interview to discuss your experiences, aspirations and interests.