Based on current COVID-19 trends, the federal public health emergency for COVID-19 expired Thursday, May 11. (Source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services fact sheet)
Tri-C will remove its COVID-19 website and related guidance.
The College will also no longer:
- Issue COVID-19 quarantine notices
- Require a Daily Health Assessment
- Require individuals to report positive COVID-19 test results
- Require individuals to report exposures to COVID-19
- Notify anyone who came into close contact with COVID-positive individuals on campuses and facilities
- Perform supplemental COVID-related cleaning
- Issue special guidance related to COVID-19 for any College events
The College will re-evaluate and activate pandemic protocols (such as the Infectious and Contagious Illness Reporting protocol) in accordance with any future local, state and/or federal emergency declarations and orders.
If you have any questions regarding best practices for individuals who were exposed to COVID-19 or tested positive, seek guidance from reputable sources such as the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services.
For questions regarding sick leave related to COVID-19, consult all related College policies and procedures (such as the personal and sick leave procedure, the FMLA and LOA procedure, etc.). Any remaining questions on College leave time should be directed to your supervisor and/or Human Resources. Students should reference their course syllabi or contact a program representative regarding reporting illness or absence.