DOT Veteran Grant
Are you a veteran or military spouse?
Tri-C has received a Department of Transportation grant to train military veterans or their spouses. All training and testing is included, excluding the Bureau of Criminal Investigation background check, which will be scheduled after the evaluation appointment. The program also includes job placement assistance upon successful completion.
- High school diploma or GED
- No felonies (certain misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Current Ohio driver’s license with no restrictions
- No more than two points on the driver’s license in the last three years, and no more than one moving violation within the last three years
- BCI background check which Tri-C will schedule after evaluation appointment
- Copy of DD214 with honorable discharge
- Successfully pass interview for acceptance into program
- Pass DOT physical and drug screen after enrollment
- Able to attend one of the following class schedules:
- Day session (5 weeks) Mon.-Th., 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Evening session (9 weeks) Mon.-Th., 6:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Weekend session (9 weeks) Sat and Sun., 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To apply, please use the CDL program application found on the upper right-hand side of this screen.
Applications will be processed beginning
October 1, 2017
This 160-hour program of classroom and hands‑on training and testing provides instruction in driver safety, transporting cargo safely, air brakes, combination vehicles, tank vehicles and hazardous materials. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control and on-road driving (required for skills testing).