Electrical Maintenance Technician
Students are trained to be responsible for operating and maintaining the electrical system and electrical infrastructure of commercial facilities, hospitals and manufacturing plants.
Individuals interested in a career in maintenance of electrical systems for commercial and manufacturing facilities.
- Read blueprints and schematics
- Use AC and DC electricity concepts and apply National Electric Code
- Operate and maintain basic and advanced programmable logic control systems
- Utilize teamwork, communications and safety in a manufacturing environment
- Ensure equipment and systems operate in a safe and efficient manner
- High school diploma or GED
- COMPASS assessment for college-level mathematics and reading may be required