Are you a former Tri-C® student who completed the residency requirement of 20 hours and transferred to a four-year institution without completing an associate degree? If so, you may be eligible to be awarded an associate degree from Tri-C using coursework completed at the four-year school.
Refer to the Tri-C College Catalog for a complete list of degree requirements. Contact the Counseling department if you wish to receive academic advising related to your remaining Tri-C degree requirements.
Benefits of Reverse Transfer
- Indicates persistence to complete a four-year degree.
- Be more employable and earn a higher salary.
- Obtain a credential you have paid for and earned.
- Benefit from Tri-C transfer partnerships with select four-year schools that require associate degree completion.
Reverse Transfer Process
- Request a transcript from the undergraduate institution(s) you attended after leaving Tri-C. Request that it be sent directly to Tri-C at the address listed below or sent electronically using a secured system. The transcript must have a print date no more than one year prior to the point of receipt. If the transcript is in your possession, do not open the envelope or break the seal. If the envelope is open or the seal is broken, Tri-C will not accept the transcript, and you will need to obtain another.
- Send an email requesting reverse transfer consideration to email@example.com with the following information: Full name under which you attended Tri-C; present name (if different); date of birth; and present address, phone number and email address. Your transcript will be thoroughly reviewed to determine if you have fulfilled the requirements for a degree from Tri-C. The review process can take 4-6 weeks. (You may request an expedited review under special circumstances.) In some cases, the degree awarded may be different than the degree you were seeking while at Tri-C. The most common degree awarded is the Associate of Arts.
- If you have met the degree requirements through this review, you will receive a letter in the mail with the details regarding your degree. Please make sure you provide your current home address.
- If the review finds you have not yet met the requirements, you will receive an email explaining which requirements are not completed.
We look forward to receiving your materials and anticipate your graduation from Tri-C!
Cuyahoga Community College
Office of the Registrar
ATTN: Reverse Transfer
P.O. Box 5966
Cleveland, OH 44101