Student Success @ West
What we do
- Student Success Specialists are an invaluable resource to help you succeed that are located at each campus. They can answer your questions, be an advocate, and help you find needed services on campus and in the community.
How can we can connect you
- Connect you with Academic Support: Study skills, test taking, and tutoring.
- Connect you with Financial Aid: Navigating the financial aid process to address financial need.
- Connect you with Career Center: Career guidance, resume building, and interview skills.
- Connect you to Counseling: Academic advising, personal advising, and crisis intervention.
How we can help
- Maintain contact with students in order to enhance academic success and increase retention/graduation rates.
- Meet with students in requested one-on-one sessions in order to increase motivation, encourage achievement, monitor academic success and assess student’s ability to persist to the next semester/academic year.
- Assist the student with registration and other Cuyahoga Community College processes.
- Provide immediate (24-48 hour) follow-up on all early alert referrals, directly allowing students to the appropriate resources available to help ensure their success.
- Referral to community resources as needed.
View this recording to learn more about registration:
- Important parts of the term
- Class modalities - in-person, online, and hybrid
- How to prepare for registration and complete registration
- Class attributes (guaranteed, linked, co-requisite, etc.)
- Completing action items and selecting payment options
- Holds that prevent registration and how to address them
- Answering questions such as:
· "How will classes be offered?"
· "How do I register?"
· "Do I have to wait until grades are posted to register?"
· ... and many more!