Computer Support Specialist Training
Become a Certified Computer Support Specialist in just 12 weeks!
Do people come to you with questions about their computers? Are you the first to buy the newly released smartphone? Do you know the exact type of processor your computer needs to run your favorite game? Then a career as a tech support specialist or help desk technician could be right for you.
What Computer Support Specialist Do
Computer support specialists help individuals and organizations in their use of computer hardware and software. You can work as a:
- Technical support specialist – Support an organization’s information technology (IT) department by helping with computer and system network problems.
- Help desk technician – Assist employees or customers in troubleshooting computer hardware and software difficulties.
Computer Support Training at Tri-C
Our fast-track courses allow you to become a certified computer support specialist in as little as 12 weeks. Courses are bundled for one low price:
- CompTIA IT fundamentals – Topics include basic computer components, workstations, software installation, network connectivity, compatibility issues, security risks and more.
- CompTIA® part 1 – Topics include motherboard components, RAM types, CPUs and appropriate cooling methods, PC connection interfaces, SOHO multifunction device/printers configurations, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi networking standards, encryption types and more.
- CompTIA® part 2 – Topics include Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10), networking on client or desktop, Mac OS and Linux operating systems, client-side virtualization, cloud computing concepts, networked hosts, basic mobile device network connectivity and email, security threats and vulnerabilities, secure SOHO wireless and wired networks and more.
- CompTIA® A+ certification exam preparation – Topics include motherboards, memory, processors, video, storage media and devices, printers, operating systems, networking, virtualization, mobile devices, security and more. You will have the opportunity to practice using online lab systems.
Why Get Certified
Certifications allow you to stand out from the crowd when applying for jobs. If you are already working in IT, certifications can open doors to new opportunities and higher salaries.
CompTIA®, or the Computing Technology Industry Association, is a nonprofit trade association that is an industry leader in IT certifications. CompTIA® A+ is one of the most credible and required certifications for IT positions.
Ready to begin a career as a help desk technician or technical support specialist?