Why Fast-Track Math?
- Allows students to complete both their required developmental math course and first college math course in one semester.
- The combination of the courses allows the same group of students to meet with the same instructor for both 8-week courses.
- Students move into their major courses or programs quicker by fulfilling all math requirements in one semester.
- With no lag time between courses, students may experience increased retention of information.
Courses that are Part of Fast-Track Math
There are two Fast-Track Math pathways, depending on your major. Students must have either passed MATH 0910,or have achieved placement into MATH 0955 or 0990.
For health careers students and those who need a statistics course
The statistics track is a combination of Beginning Algebra (MATH-0955) and Contemporary Math (MATH-1240)
- MATH-0955: 6 credits
- MATH-1240: 3 credits
- Continuation to Statistics (MATH-1410) in the following semester if necessary
Math Literacy Track
For Associate of Arts students and those who need a 1000-level math course
The literacy track is a combination of Math Literacy for College Students (MATH-0990) and Algebraic and Quantitative Reasoning (MATH-1190)
- MATH-0990: 4 credits
- MATH-1190: 3 credits
Following are Fast-Track Math section offerings. Students must enroll in both courses of a Fast-Track Math pairing.