Understanding Mental Health
Mental illness is said to be experienced by at least 20% of the population. Unfortunately, the signs, symptoms, and treatment realities are not often taught or portrayed accurately on TV, in movies, or on social media. Check out the credible sources below and help destigmatize mental illness by sharing the facts. Also, take a minute to do a self-assessment or complete about someone of concern.
Mental Wellness Assessments
Understanding Mental Illness
Top 10 Healthy Habits to Help Yourself
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your body moving
- Make sure you get enough sleep
- Eat a healthy diet rich in greens and light in sugar and alcohol to help your brain
- Set aside time to spend with others in your life or go volunteer to meet others
- Reduce your stress by journaling, listening to music, or reading
- Turn off and disconnect from technology
- Spend some time with nature – hang out at the park, head out to the beach
- Socialize real time – that means face-to-face communication!
- When things get difficult see a counselor and talk things out
- Try meditating – it’s free and it helps!