Tri-C Culinary Students Host Dinner Benefiting Muscular Dystrophy Association
Tickets available for six-course dinner paired with wines on Dec. 5
“Un-Wine and Dine” with culinary students from Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) this December as they prepare a six-course wine dinner benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
The event — hosted by the student-run Alere restaurant — takes place 5:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, at College’s Jerry Sue Thornton Center, located at 2500 E. 22nd St. in Cleveland.
Food will be prepared and served by Tri-C students in the culinary program’s banquet class. Courses will be paired with a different wine carefully selected to complement the served dish.
The menu (with wine selections) features:
- Cheese and charcuterie (signature winetail)
- Seared sea scallops served with a medley of local squash, smoked pepitas and brown butter sage sauce (Moscato)
- Potato gnocchi in a Parmesan cream sauce served with crispy house-made pancetta (Chardonnay)
- Watermelon sorbet
- Grilled chicken breast served with celery root puree, braised celery, apple-celery slaw and chicken jus (Shiraz)
- Apple tart served with cinnamon ice cream (late-harvest Riesling)
Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at www.tri-c.edu/unwineanddine.
Students enrolled in the College’s event planning program — like culinary, a part of Tri-C’s Hospitality Management Center of Excellence — are also involved in staging “Un-Wine and Dine.”
Proceeds will benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association, which combats muscular dystrophy and other diseases of the nervous and muscular systems by funding research, providing medical and community services, and educating health professionals and the general public.
November 19, 2019
John Horton, 216-987-4281 firstname.lastname@example.org