Self-Defense Training for Women Begins March 28 at Tri-C
Classes in Westlake and downtown Cleveland teach techniques for all ages, abilities
To promote self-defense education and awareness, Cuyahoga Community College
(Tri-C®) is offering a training course for women with little to no self-defense experience.
The Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Basic Physical Self-Defense program empowers women through a series of four classes that include lectures, discussions and demonstrations of self-defense techniques.
Many colleges and universities offer R.A.D. training for use against various types of assault.
Women of all ages and abilities will:
- Learn proven self-defense techniques;
- Gain awareness to reduce, recognize and avoid physical assault; and
- Develop skills in a safe, secure environment.
Classes take place:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, March 28 to April 6, 4:30-7:30 p.m. at Westshore Campus (31001 Clemens Road, Westlake, 44145)
- Mondays and Wednesdays, April 17-26, 4:30-7:30 p.m. at Jerry Sue Thornton Center (2500 E. 22nd Street, Cleveland, 44115)
Learn more at the R.A.D. website.
Registration is required. Contact Officer Christine Logan at 216-987-5795 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 01, 2023
MEDIA CONTACT: Anthony Moujaes, 216-987-3068 or email@example.com