Honors Follow Tri-C Softball Championship
Five Challengers named All-OCCAC; Bryan Komlos is Coach of the Year
The Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) softball team placed five players on the 2018 All-Ohio Community College Athletic Conference Team following its second consecutive conference title.
In addition, the OCCAC once again honored Tri-C’s Bryan Komlos as Coach of the Year after he guided the Challengers to the top of the standings with a 24-12 record. Komlos has been the team’s head coach since 2010.
Players earning all-conference honors included:
- Catcher Kaitlynn Boykin, who batted .477 with 27 RBI and 15 runs scored. The sophomore from Painesville is studying to be a physical therapist assistant.
- Centerfielder Courtney Cadle, who batted .387 with 21 RBI and 34 runs scored. The sophomore from Monroe, Michigan, is working toward an Associate of Arts degree at the College.
- Third baseman Lexi Rehm, who batted .454 while leading the team with 37 RBI and four home runs. The freshman from Wooster has not decided on a major.
- Shortstop Daniele Rivera, who batted a team-leading .486 with 35 RBI and 41 runs scored. The freshman from Brooklyn is studying criminal justice at Tri-C.
- Second baseman Veronica Watson, who batted .437 with 22 RBI and 24 runs scored. The freshman from Dryden, Michigan, is working toward an Associate of Arts degree.
Boykin and Rivera also earned selection to the NJCAA all-regional team.
The conference title won by the Challengers is their third since 2013 and qualified the team for the NJCAA Region XII softball tournament.
May 09, 2018
John Horton, 216-987-4281 email@example.com