Eight Tri-C Track Team Members Honored for Academic Achievement
Team finished with fifth-highest GPA in nation during spring semester
Eight members of the women’s indoor track team at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) earned Academic All-American honors from the NJCAA Track and Field Coaches Association for spring semester.
As a team, the Triceratops posted a 3.695 GPA — the fifth highest in the nation. This is the fourth time in the past five years that the team finished with a Top 5 academic ranking.
Classroom standouts included:
- Samantha Agresta of Middleburg Heights, who is working toward an Associate of Science degree
- Hope Brown of Middleburg Heights, who is studying medical assisting
- Hannah Heath of Sullivan, who is in the College’s physical therapy program
- Claudia Mendek of North Royalton, who is studying dental hygiene
- Dana Miller of Brook Park, who is studying to be an emergency medical technician
- Juliet Rayer of North Royalton, who is in the College’s nursing program
- Kristen van’t Veer of Ashtabula, who is working toward an Associate of Science degree
- Hailey Vitolo of Perry, who is working toward an Associate of Science degree
Brown, Mendek and van’t Veer all achieved 4.0 GPAs during spring semester.
The team’s success in academics carried over to athletic competition. Tri-C claimed its fifth consecutive NJCAA Region XII indoor track title in 2020. Overall, the team has won 19 indoor championships since 2000.
July 15, 2020
John Horton, 216-987-4281 firstname.lastname@example.org