Among the Best of the Best
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society chapter at Western Campus named a Top 100 chapter
More than 1,300 chapters of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society meet at college campuses across the United States and other parts of the world.
One of the best can be found at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) Western Campus.
The honor society recently recognized Tri-C’s Chi Omega Chapter as one of its Top 100 chapters. The honor was announced during the organization’s annual convention April 19-21 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Chi Omega was previously named Most Distinguished Chapter in Ohio. Its leaders earned the state honor of Most Distinguished Officer Team.
The chapter’s student officers are:
- Amanda Lowe of North Royalton, president
- Angela Stead of Broadview Heights, vice president of service
- Joseph Hafez of Cleveland, vice president of scholarship
- Alicia Kurtz of Cleveland, vice president of fellowship
- Alice Legg of Fairview Park, vice president of leadership
- Asajile Mwaipyana of Cleveland, treasurer
Nahla Harik-Williams, an associate professor of psychology at Tri-C, serves as advisor.
The Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society is the largest honor society in higher education. More than 3 million students have been inducted since its founding in 1918.
April 26, 2018
John Horton, 216-987-4281 email@example.com