Following Guidelines for Events and Gatherings
By Christian Scholz, Event Service Manager, Corporate College
During the COVID-19 pandemic, there are many uncertainties. We at Cuyahoga Community College and Corporate College are always collecting new information, and following expert and government guidelines. We remain flexible at adapting our policies and reopening phases to the latest developments to provide an environment in which our stakeholders feel safe.
Some of these mandatory policies include:
- Completing a risk assessment form, either online or at each of our buildings. If an individual is not compliant, the matter is immediately addressed by our risk management team.
- Taking the temperature of everybody that visits our buildings.
- Practicing the six-foot social distancing rule.
- Wearing masks covering nose, mouth and chin in public areas.
- Providing hand sanitizer and face coverings at each location.
- Implementing a deep-cleaning schedule after a room is used.
- Promoting the use of frequent and correct hand washing.
At Corporate College, we are still open for business. Since mid-March, we have held small meetings at both of our locations. Our new show kitchen at Corporate College East has been used for online classes and to showcase talented local chefs. We have continued to upgrade the technology available in our rooms at Corporate College East, giving us expanded video and audio capabilities.Our restricted social contacting measures may improve in the near future. As of the beginning of August, some regions in Germany were already allowing groups of 500 people indoors. In the meantime, we all need to be patient and comply with regulations to lower the spread of this disease.