State Tested Nursing Assistant - Accelerated
- This course meets the standards and guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health for training as a state tested nurse aide. After successful completion of this course, students will be eligible to take to the Ohio Department of Health nurse aide examination for certification as a State Tested Nurse Aide.
HS Diploma/GED Preferred
Successfully pass fingerprint and background check
Completion of immunization requirements
STNA Packet pickup following class registration.
- This is an Accelerated Program (Fast-Paced). Registration may close 7 days prior to start of classes. Immediately following class registration, visit Health Industry Solutions at Metro Campus, UTC Bldg. Rm 260 for a STNA Packet or call 216-987-3171 for additional information. Program Requirements: Fingerprint and background check clearance. Completion of immunizations: 2 Step TB testing and Influenza (seasonal only).
- Topics Covered
- Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) – Standards and Guidelines:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Resident Rights
- Infection Control
- Safety & Emergency
- Restorative Services
- Basic Nursing Skills
- Personal Care Skills
- Mental Health and Social Service Needs
- Job Readiness/Professionalism
- State Exam Preparation
- Learning Outcomes
- Clinical experience and CPR certification.
- Eligible to take the Ohio Department of Health Nurse Aide Competency Exam for certification.
- Subject Code
- Course Number