Western Campus Recreation
NOTICE, 3/18/2020: Due to the recent events surrounding the corona virus (COVID-19), Tri-C is taking proactive steps to protect our community, students, faculty, and staff.
Effective immediately, the Recreation Center (including the Gymnasium, Pool, and Fitness Center) are closed, and all non-credit classes are canceled until April 30. At this time, the Recreation Center is scheduled to reopen on May 1.
If this changes, the college will continue to provide updates on the availability of these facilities.
For details about academic classes, college updates, and general information on COVID-19, visit: www.tri-c.edu/coronavirus
Thank you for your understanding!
*Register for Summer Camps by calling 216-987-3075 (option #1) or by visiting the Enrollment Center.
-Spring courses have been canceled. For additional information, please call or email Recreation Office.
Recreation Information and Hours
- All open recreation hours may be subject to change *
Fitness Challenge 2020- The challenge will resume when the Fitness Center reopens; challenge end date will be adjusted accordingly
Golden Buckeye Cards (GBC) will not be accepted at the Tri-C Recreation Center after September, 30, 2019. We encourage GBC users to enroll in the Community Membership Program. It is free for those 60 and older and offers benefits like:
- Access to the gymnasium, fitness center, pool
- Access to the College computer lab
- Access to the College library
- Discounts to the Tri-C events like JazzFest
To enroll in the Community Membership Program, visit the Enrollment Center (have a photo ID ready).
View Courses and Register
- ZRCW-1224: Adult Learn-to-Swim (6 hours)
- ZRCW-1006: Aqua Jogging
- ZRCW-1139: Aqua Kickboxing
- ZRCW-1133: Aqua Zumba
- ZRCW-1000: Beginning Golf (15 Hours)
- ZRCW-1222: Cardio Cycling
- ZRCW-1151: Cardio/Strength Water Fitness
- ZRCW-1199: Cardio/Strength Water Fitness (6 hours)
- ZSYC-1156: Coed Basketball Camp (ages 4-7)
- ZSYC-1157: Coed Basketball Camp (ages 8-14)
- ZRCW-1220: Core Strength
- ZRCW-1087: Deep Water Exercise
- ZRCW-1191: Everyday Strength & Stretching
- ZRCW-1081: Exerswim
- ZRCW-1176: Gentle Restorative Yoga
- ZRCW-1223: Parent/Child Aquatics
- ZRCW-1216: Pilates/Yoga Mix
- ZRCW-1058: Private Lesson: Adapted Aquatics (Six 30-Minute Sessions)
- ZRCW-1070: Private Lesson: Adapted Aquatics (Six One-Hour Sessions)
- ZRCW-1065: Private Lesson: Personal Training (Six 30-Minute Sessions)
- ZRCW-1071: Private Lesson: Personal Training (Six One-Hour Sessions)
- ZRCW-1038: Private Lesson: Swimming (Six 30-Minute Sessions)
- ZRCW-1073: Private Lesson: Swimming (Six One-Hour Sessions)
- ZRCW-1209: Private Lesson: Wellness Coaching
- ZRCW-1084: Qi Gong
- ZRCW-1009: Self-Defense
- ZRCW-1233: Shallow Water Exercise (12 hours)
- ZRCW-1197: Shallow Water Exercise (24 hours)
- ZRCW-1060: Tai Chi
- ZRCW-1213: TRX® Bootcamp- 6 hours
- ZRCW-1228: Walking In Sunshine
- ZRCW-1229: Youth Swim Level 1
- ZRCW-1230: Youth Swim Level 2
- ZRCW-1231: Youth Swim Level 3
- ZRCW-1232: Youth Swim Level 4 & 5
How to Become a Member
Facilities are free with a current Tri-C faculty, staff, student ID, Community Membership ID or a Golden Buckeye card. Patrons without a Tri-C ID or Buckeye card, may purchase a Tri-C Guest card or Community Membership. Patrons using a Golden Buckeye card and Guest card are required to have a Photo ID to use all facilities (i.e. License or State ID).
Community Membership cards can be purchased at the Enrollment Center.
Guest cards can be purchased at the Enrollment Center, the Cash Loading Stations located in The Galleria and The Learning Center (TLC). https://services.jsatech.com/paymentcc.php?tab=credit&cid=301&
ALL COMMUNITY AND GUEST OF THE RECREATION FACILITIES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER OR ACCOMPANIED BY PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN!!