Western Campus Recreation
NEW- Summer Step-Up Challenge: Let's reach 1 million steps together this summer! Join in the fun at any point from June 15 through September 6
For more information on, or to participate in, the challenge, contact Ann-Marie.Strike@tri-c.edu
NOTICE, 3/18/2020: Due to the recent events surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), Tri-C is taking proactive steps to protect our community, students, faculty, and staff.
- (UPDATE, 6/11/20)- The Recreation Center (including the Gymnasium, Pool, and Fitness Center) are closed until further notice.
If this changes, the college will continue to provide updates on the availability of these facilities.
For details about academic classes, college updates, and general information on COVID-19, visit: www.tri-c.edu/coronavirus
Thank you for your understanding!
(UPDATE, 6/11/20) - There will be no non-credit recreation courses offered for Fall 2020.
Ab Lab Workouts:
- NEW-Enjoy Ab Labs at Home! (details and workout links below)
- A new workout will be posted each week. Use the included pictures demonstrating the exercise and giving pointers for correct execution to stay safe during the session.
- Ab Lab Introduction
- Countdown to Fitness- workout #1
- Exercise Descriptions- workout #1
- Countdown to Fitness w/ Descriptions- workout #2
- Combo Mobility Warm-up
- Countdown to Fitness w/ Descriptions- workout #3
- Countdown to Fitness w/ Descriptions- workout #4
- Countdown to Fitness w/ Descriptions- workout #5
- Countdown to Fitness w/ Descriptions- workout #6
- Countdown to Fitness w/ Descriptions- workout #7
- Countdown to Fitness w/ Descriptions- workout #8
- Exercise Tips:
- Workout Tips #1
- Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness information sheet
- Workout Tips #2
- Frequency Activity Trackers, includes tracker sheet, directions, and sample sheet
- Workout Tips #3
- Workout Tips #4 and SMART Goals sheet
- Example SMART Goal sheet
- Workout Tips #5
- Workout Tips #6
- ACE Healthy Hydration
- Heat Illness Chart
- Workout Tips #8
- Fitness Assessment for the General Public
- Fitness Testing for Athletes
Fitness Challenge 2020- The challenge will resume when the Fitness Center reopens; challenge end date will be adjusted accordingly
Golden Buckeye Cards (GBC) will not be accepted at the Tri-C Recreation Center after September, 30, 2019. We encourage GBC users to enroll in the Community Membership Program. It is free for those 60 and older and offers benefits like:
- Access to the gymnasium, fitness center, pool
- Access to the College computer lab
- Access to the College library
- Discounts to the Tri-C events like JazzFest
To enroll in the Community Membership Program, visit the Enrollment Center (have a photo ID ready).
Check out what's being offered by the other Tri-C Recreation Departments:
East Campus Recreation- for more informartion contact Kyan Johnson at Kyan.Johnson@tri-c.edu
eSports Madden 20’ Season and Tournament
Sign up for a chance to prove you’re the best at NFL Madden 20’. Compete against other Tri-C students in a complete 16 game season and tournament .
No cost is required. You must own a copy of the NFL Madden 20’ game and either a PS4 or Xbox to participate.
View Courses and Register
How to Become a Member
Facilities are free with a current Tri-C faculty, staff, student ID, Community Membership ID or a Golden Buckeye card. Patrons without a Tri-C ID or Buckeye card, may purchase a Tri-C Guest card or Community Membership. Patrons using a Golden Buckeye card and Guest card are required to have a Photo ID to use all facilities (i.e. License or State ID).
Community Membership cards can be purchased at the Enrollment Center.
Guest cards can be purchased at the Enrollment Center, the Cash Loading Stations located in The Galleria and The Learning Center (TLC). https://services.jsatech.com/paymentcc.php?tab=credit&cid=301&
ALL COMMUNITY AND GUEST OF THE RECREATION FACILITIES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER OR ACCOMPANIED BY PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN!!