What's in Your Pantry?
Chef (and/or owner): Owner/Chef Brandt Evans
Restaurant or Company:
Pura Vida, Public Square
Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern, Twinsburg
Chef Brandt Evans recommends SuperCook, a website that provides recipes based on ingredients you have on hand.
Creamy Lemon Pasta With Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces gemelli or other short pasta
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup peas (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in large, deep skillet on medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until golden brown on all sides (4 to 5 minutes). Transfer to large bowl.
2. Add lemon juice to pan, scraping up brown bits, then pour over chicken.
3. Add broth and pasta to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
4. Return chicken (and any juices) to skillet and continue to cook until pasta is just tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Add cream cheese, stirring to melt; fold in peas, lemon zest, Parmesan and tarragon.