Pan-seared scallops with cilantro beurre blanc
Restaurant or Company: Skye LaRae’s Culinary Services
Chef (and/or owner): Chef Eric Wells, Owner
½ cup brut Champagne
1 tablespoon shallots, minced
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 ½ butter sticks, cut into 1 tablespoon pats
¼ cup cilantro, minced
6 U-10 sea scallops
Salt, to taste
1. Place Champagne in saucepot and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and peppercorns; continue boiling for 3 minutes. Strain and reserve liquid, discarding shallots and peppercorns.
2. Place liquid back into saucepan on low heat. Whisk in butter, one tablespoon at a time. Once all butter is added, stir in cilantro. Set sauce aside, stirring often.
3. Pat scallops dry; season with salt.
4. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat bottom of pan. Add scallops to skillet and pan fry for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove; drain on paper towels.
5. Serve scallops with warmed sauce.