Chicken sausage and peppers with soft polenta
Restaurant or Company:
Pura Vida, Public Square
Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern, Twinsburg
Chef (and/or owner): Owner/Chef Brandt Evans
4 links chicken sausage
1 jar sliced roasted peppers
1 jar sweet cherry peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups polenta
4 cups boiling water
1 ½ cups sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Warm sauté pan with olive oil to medium heat.
2. Add sausage to pan. Cook for 6 minutes until deep golden brown on outside.
3. Add peppers; cook for 2 minutes.
4. Bring water to a boil in sauce pot.
5. Slowly add polenta, stirring constantly.
6. Fold in sour cream and cheese.
7. Place polenta on serving plate. Top with sausage and peppers to serve.