Metro Campus Center Renovations
The Metro Campus will be substantially renovated over the next several years. The goal is to create a more welcoming and student-centered environment. The Campus Center will undergo renovations as a part of this work.
Campus Center Renovations: Fall 2016 - Fall 2018
Project renovation work is being done with careful controls, compliance, and with safety, as the highest priority.
A regulated or "demarcated area" has been established to keep the public at a distance from the work. An environmental compliance firm is on site to observe and monitor the work.
The construction team realizes these are high impact areas and they are doing their best to minimize impact to students and employees.
There are overlapping impacts to Metro Campus Pedestrian Access resulting from the Plaza and ongoing Campus Center Renovations.
- East 30th Street Plaza Level Entry Closed - Enter Campus at Community College Avenue or Woodland Avenue
Access to the courtyard and sections of the concourse are closed off.
- Partitions have been placed in front of the doors leading to the courtyard from both the North and South concourses.
- Closure of entrances to the eastern half of the North Concourse from the Faculty and Staff Parking Garage. Faculty and Staff will be directed to walk towards Student Services, Health Careers or Business and Administration to access level one and progress to their locations.
- Closure of the eastern half of the North Concourse and access to the Recreation Center via the lower level connector.
- RTA bus service to the southbound East 30th Street stop outside the Campus Center will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the renovations (until Winter 2019). All bus routes serving the Metro Campus will continue service on Community College Avenue.