Diversity and Inclusion at Tri-C
Tri-C is fortunate to have a true mosaic of people who contribute daily to a dynamic and rewarding learning environment. Tri-C stands with the belief that diversity enriches not only the institution, but society as a whole, and is therefore committed to appreciating diverse perspectives and valuing the collective differences and similarities that make Tri-C a leading community organization.
Economic Inclusion Plan Goal
The Economic Inclusion Plan for Fiscal Years 2022-2026 seeks to develop and strengthen relationships with diverse businesses by providing access to resources and information on Tri-C's procurement process.
- Integrate the College’s diverse professional relationships into its day-to-day business operations
- Create relationships with diverse businesses that strengthen the communities in which the College operates
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with diverse and local suppliers
- Encourage departments to identify and include diverse suppliers and service providers in the procurement process
Economic Inclusion Strategies
- Schedule meetings with key vendors to discuss Tier 2 spend with their suppliers
- Continue to host and attend vendor fairs and other diversity events statewide
- Schedule quarterly meetings with prospective new diverse vendors from outreach events
- Create a focus group of College departments with the highest spend, hosting quarterly meetings to discuss inclusive excellence goals and how each member can help achieve them
- Work with key suppliers to discuss their company’s diversity and inclusion strategies
- Increase spend with diverse suppliers and connections with potential new diverse vendors annually