Public Safety Summer Academy
Update: COVID-19 and the Public Safety Summer Academy
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our community, the health and safety of your family, our instructors and staff is our utmost priority. With that in mind, this year's Public Safety Summer Academy is canceled and will return in 2021.
Tri-C is pleased to offer a variety of virtual summer camp options for children ages 4-18. We are excited to continue learning online with our campers this summer and look forward to joining them on campus again when it is safe to do so.
Tuition Free Summer Camps
Thinking about a career in public safety? Tri-C's Public Safety Summer Academy is a tuition-free, grant-funded program that includes experiences with a wide variety of public safety careers and activities. Public safety careers include police, fire, EMS, Community Response Team (CERT), homeland security, 911 dispatch, environmental health and safety, private security, bailiff, corrections, crime scene investigation and court reporting.
Public Safety Career Path Academy (Ages 15-16)
Public Safety Career Preparation Academy (Ages 17-18)
- Career path exploration, development and mentoring
- Classroom instruction on various public safety topics
- Tours of the Justice Center, Metroparks Ranger Station, Ohio Peace Officers Training Commission Tactical Training Center and the Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Guest speakers in legal studies, fire science, victim advocacy, corrections, policing, court stenography and dispatch
- Hands-on experiences:
- Challenge yourself on the police and fire obstacle courses
- Test your fitness level with the police/fire agility test
- Learn CPR/first aid and examine emergency management techniques
- Work a mock crime scenario from crime scene investigation to trial
KeyBank Public Safety Training Center
11000 Pleasant Valley Road
Parma, OH 44130