Public Safety Summer Academy
Tuition Free Summer Camps
Thinking about a career in public safety? Tri-C's Public Safety Summer Academy is a tuition-free, grant-funded program that includes experiences with a wide variety of public safety careers and activities. Public safety careers inlcude police, fire, EMS, Community Response Team (CERT), homeland security, 911 dispatch, environmental health and safety, private security, bailiff, corrections, crime scene investigation and court reporting.
Public Safety Career Path Academy
June 15-30, 2020
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
*High school sophomores and juniors
Public Safety Career Preparation Academy
June 15-30, 2020
9 a.m. - 3p.m.
*High school seniors and 2020 graduates
- Career path exploration, development and mentoring
- Classroom instruction on various public safety topics
- Tours of the Justice Center, Metroparks Ranger Station, Ohio Peace Officers Training Commission Tactical Training Center and the Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Guest speakers in legal studies, fire science, victim advocacy, corrections, policing, court stenography and dispatch
- Hands-on experiences:
- Challenge yourself on the police and fire obstacle courses
- Test your fitness level with the police/fire agility test
- Learn CPR/first aid and examine emergency management techniques
- Work a mock crime scenario from crime scene investigation to trial
KeyBank Public Safety Training Center
11000 Pleasant Valley Road
Parma, OH 44130
Daily drop off and pickup available from the Advanced Technology Training Center (ATTC) parking lot, 3409 Woodland Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115.
Buses will leave at 8 a.m. and return at 3:30 p.m.
- Print out, complete and return registration form (fax or in person) via form instructions
- Call 216-987-3075 (select option #1) to register. You will need the course number (CRN) when registering.
Space is limited. Please confirm your registration.
The Tri-C Public Safety Summer Academy is made possible through a partnership with KeyBank.