Tri-C Travel Guidance
International and Domestic Travel Guidance in Response to Coronavirus Outbreaks
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the State Department are closely monitoring COVID-19 outbreaks. With respect to international and domestic travel during this time, the College is providing the following guidance:
- Effective March 10, 2020, all College-sponsored international or domestic travel for staff and students is suspended until further notice.
- Members of the College community returning from travel must follow CDC guidance for both international and domestic travel. The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has suspended its travel advisory for those entering Ohio after traveling to states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher, revising its travel guidance to encourage Ohioans to carefully review CDC guidance when considering travel.
- For the purpose of this Guidance, individuals are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).
- Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to quanrantine upon return from international or domestic travel; however, they should still:
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals returning from international or domestic travel should:
- Get tested for COVID-19 three to five days upon return from travel, self-isolating for seven days if testing is negative or ten days if they choose not to test;
- Continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, isolating and testing if they develop symptoms; and
- Contact Compliance and Risk Management immediately if they test positive.
Everyone should avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether or not testing occurs.
- Testing before and after travel can reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Testing does not eliminate all risk, but when paired with an isolation period and precautions like wearing masks and social distancing, it can make travel safer by reducing spread on planes, in airports and at travelers' destinations.
- We will update the College community should developments require program cancellations.
Download a printable version of the International and Domestic Travel Guidance.