CW Emails and Provost Messages
Jan. 13 - Important Spring Semester Updates and Reminders
With extensive safety protocols in place, and in keeping with state guidelines for higher education, the College will move forward with plans to resume limited on-ground student support services on Jan. 14. These services are critical for students who need assistance with spring semester registration. We also will proceed with plans to begin a limited number of on-ground classes on Jan. 19.
- From Jan. 14 through Feb. 4, on-ground student support services will be available on Mondays and Thursdays, with extended hours (10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.). Since Monday, Jan. 18, is Martin Luther King Day, services will be offered Tuesday, Jan. 19.
- Beginning Feb. 8, on-ground student services will return to regular hours (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Super Saturday events at all campuses will occur on Jan. 16 and Jan. 30, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- All other administrative staff who had been working on-site prior to Thanksgiving break may also resume working on-site on Jan. 14 with supervisor approval
Due to a surge in COVID-19 cases in November 2020, the College decided to suspend most on-ground operations from Nov. 23 through Jan. 13, 2021. This allowed for a 14-day isolation period after holiday gatherings.
Though daily COVID-19 case numbers remain high, extensive safety protocols are in place at all College locations. Additionally, 230 bipolar ionization filters were recently installed across the College, covering classrooms, offices and general gathering areas. These systems remove 99.4% of all COVID-related viruses from the air.
The College will continue to monitor the number of COVID-19 exposures and cases, adjusting these plans if necessary.
We need everyone’s help to keep our community safe by continuing to follow safety protocols:
- Perform a daily health assessment before coming to any campus or facility, and review and electronically sign the COVID-19 Statement of Personal Responsibility once per semester
- Wear a mask properly
- Stay 6 feet apart
- Wash your hands frequently, for 20 seconds
- Celebrate small
- Don’t eat or drink with anyone outside your household
- Limit travel
- If you’ve been exposed to the virus, you must isolate at home for 14 days. Do not come to the College. Notify Risk Management for specific instructions.
Week of May 25 - 29
Week of May 18-22
Week of May 11-15
Week of May 4 - 8
Week of April 27 - May 1
Week of April 20 -24
Week of April 13 - 17
Week of April 6 - April 10
Week of March 30 - April 3
Week of March 23 - 27
Week of March 16 - 20
Week of March 9 - 13