The Drone Academy is a weeklong Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) pilot training program that introduces law enforcement officers, firefighters or other first responders to drone technology, its capabilities and how and when to use drones in emergency and homeland security situations.
View Courses and Register
- Contract training or mobile drone academy: Complete group training request
- 15 hours of classroom training in flight plans, safety, applications, maintenance, laws and regulations and data management
- 7 hours of drone simulations
- 10 hours of flight training using law enforcement, fire or emergency response scenarios
- 8 hours of practice exams to prepare you for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 107 exam
- Certified expert flight instructors
- Have worked as police officers, firefighters or paramedics
- Must be law enforcement, fire or other first responder or receive waiver from program administrator
Open enrollment courses are $699 per person. Other fees or discounts may apply for contract training (groups of six or more) or for the mobile drone academy. Please contact the program administrator for pricing and availability.
Students will receive a Drone Academy Certificate of Completion.
In the News
WKYC - November 2, 2017 - Drones becoming a new tool for crime fighting