Medical Practice Management/Patient Access
The Medical Administrative Assistance Comprehensive Program is a fast track non-credit certificate program designed to prepare individuals to carry out the multiple tasks involved in providing medical office support for a physicians practice. In a medical front office position, one may be called on to transcribe orders, verify insurance benefits, patient billing or schedule appointments among other duties.
In order to prepare for this role and obtain national certification the program consist of five courses. To bypass a course within the program a college transcript or certification credentials must be submitted to Center of Health Industry Solutions office identifying the course was successfully completed.
This curriculum has been approved by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) as adequate preparation for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam offered upon completion of the Medical Administrative Assistant Comprehensive Program.
Courses must be taken in this order:
- Medical Terminology
- Essentials of Electronic Health Records
- Fundamentals of Billing Reimbursement
- Medical Administrative Assistant Fundamentals
View Courses and Register
- ZHTH-1075: Medical Terminology
- ZHTH-1105: Comprehensive Patient Access Specialist Program
- ZHTH-1130: Patient Access Specialist Fundamentals
- ZHTH-1132: Fundamentals of Billing Reimbursement
- ZHTH-1208: Medical Administrative Assistant
- ZHTH-1245: Essentials of Electronic Health Records
- ZHTH-1247: Hospital/Facility Billing and Reimbursement
- ZHTH-1255: Cancer Registry Principles, Practices, and Application
- ZHTH-1256: Medical Administrative Assistant Comprehensive Program
- ZHTH-1275: Patient Access Specialist Bundle Online