CNC Mill Lab 1
Basic understanding of machine operations,
prior machine tool experience,
or concurrent enrollment in CNC Technologies.
- Materials provided. This is an optional course in the CNC Technology Certificate program.
- Topics Covered
- Machine operation.
- Mounting and setting tools.
- Locating program zero.
- Activating and running programs.
- Editing programs.
- Controlling size with offsets.
- Learning Outcomes
- Use machine controls to move slides, activate tool changer, and run spindle.
- Mount tools and set tool length offsets for tools.
- Establish program zero with workshift offset.
- Activate and run a part program stored in the control’s memory.
- Edit a program and control part size using wear offsets.
- Subject Code
- Course Number