Completion of Precision Machining Technology
(PMT) program or prior industry exp. in machining.
- Text provided. This course is the first of five required courses in the CNC Technology Certificate program. Participant must score 70% or better on final exam to receive certificate for this course.
- Topics Covered
- Shop math, metrology, and blueprint reading review.
- Machine layout and coordinate systems.
- Basic tooling.
- Workshift, geometry, and wear offsets.
- Speeds and feeds.
- Learning Outcomes
- Interpret blueprints and apply shop math skills.
- Identify major machine components and axes.
- Illustrate types of tooling used on CNC.
- Explain the function of workshift, geometry, and wear offsets.
- Calculate machining speeds and feeds.
- Subject Code
- Course Number