Dental Assistant Radiography: Initial Training
- This course meets the Ohio State Dental Board training requirements for those seeking to become certified dental radiographers. *Upon completion of this course, participants will be given 60 days to submit a clinical assignment consisting of exposing radiographs under the supervision of a dentist. A certificate of course completion will be mailed following submission of the clinical assignment.
Minimum of 6 months work experience in a dental
office or a certificate from a dental assisting
- Text: Materials provided.
- Topics Covered
- Radiation biology and physics
- Radiation health safety protection
- Radiographic film quality
- Darkroom processing
- Technique and film mounting
- Learning Outcomes
- Enables participants to take the RHS examination upon completion of course clinical requirements.
- Subject Code
- Course Number