Facility Maintenance Technician
Students are trained to be responsible for operating and maintaining the entire infrastructure of commercial facilities, hospitals and manufacturing plants.
Individuals interested in a career in maintenance with an emphasis on commercial wiring, HVAC, pressure boilers and pipefitting.
- Read blueprints and schematics
- Apply AC and DC electricity concepts
- Utilize piping systems and operate HVAC and boiler systems
- Apply National Electric Code & operate and maintain programmable logic control systems
- High school diploma or GED
- COMPASS assessment for college-level mathematics and reading may be required
- Earn a Competency Award from the Workforce & Economic Development Division (WEDD)
- Be prepared to compete for positions in facility maintenance, facility and equipment repair or HVAC operation
Financial assistance, in the form of grants, scholarships, and other funding resources may be