CARO and CIRO Training and Certification
The program offers training for two levels of RETA accredited certification:
CARO – Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator
This is an entry-level credential, designed to demonstrate that an operator has sufficient knowledge to work under supervision in industrial refrigeration.
CIRO – Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator
This allows the operator to assess more advanced concepts, principles and applications required to supervise industrial refrigeration operations. It measures mastery of applied refrigeration system operations and troubleshooting based on principles and knowledge presented.
- Ideal for incumbent corporate HVAC seasoned technicians interested in enhancing their knowledge for a career in maintaining state-of-the- art specialized heating and air conditioning equipment
- RETA certification training and exams assess competencies in the realm of industrial refrigeration operation and provides the fundamental knowledge needed to understand these concepts and operating principles
- The training course for these certifications is 48 hours long, offered as a fast-track training (eight days, six hours per day), with flexible scheduling
- At the end of the course, CARO and CIRO exams will be offered at Tri-C Testing Center
- 5 years of experience with refrigeration equipment in a manufacturing setting
What is RETA?
The Refrigerating Engineers and Technicians Association (RETA) is the most-recognized organization in the country dedicated to the professional development of industrial refrigeration operators and technicians.
This certification is the only ANSI accredited program of its kind in the country and it ensures that operators and technicians are equipped with the knowledge to safely run their equipment.