DOL H-1B Technical Skills Training Program – Network Support Specialist (NSS)
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) has been awarded a major Department of Labor* grant to provide specialized training to unemployed Northeast Ohio workers for high-wage jobs as Network Support Specialists.
The grant will fund scholarships that will cover:
- Cost of tuition
- Certification exam fees
Training Program Information
The Network Support Specialist Training Program is designed using a progressive career ladder framework resulting in 3 national industry-recognized credentials. Skills and certifications acquired during the program and training will build capacity toward multiple professional competencies.
- Program consists of 400 hours or 14-16 weeks
- Classes run Monday - Thursday from 8:30am - 4pm
- Fall Session begins Sept 17. Additional classes will be offered in 2013.
Annual Salary Projections for Program Completers
|| With no Information technology experience
|| one to two years of information technology experience
| with information technology experience and a bachelor's degree
| * Source Ohio labor Market Information
Currently reside in one of the following counties: Cuyahoga, Medina, Lorain, Lake, Geauga (30 days minimum)
- Long-term unemployed (27+ weeks unemployed)
- Priority of enrollment will be given to veterans
- Able to train at one of the College’s facilities
- Pass assessment in IT literacy proficiency and demonstrate proficiency in math and English at 12th grade level
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Willingness to participate in a 4-5 week unpaid internship
- Selection via interview process
- Documented Information Technology (IT) work experience (i.e. educational/training transcript or diploma, IT training certificate/certification documentation; employer letter verifying work) Preferred
- Successfully pass a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) & Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background check
- Critical thinker
- Customer focused
- Good cost controlling
- Can work under pressure
- Accepts responsibility
- Results oriented
- Assessment (math, reading and Information Technology Literacy Proficiency)
- Internship assignment
- Job placement assistance
- Job fair
* This is a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Employment Training Administration (ETA) sponsored training program.
For More Information
For Employers Only
Interested in hosting a table at the NSS Private Career Fair or being an Internship site for a Network Support Specialist student, please click on the appropriate link.
NSS Career Fair
NSS Internship Site