Education Benefit Information Resources
All Students using benefits:
All Students must provide Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of your schedule when submitting your GI Bill Certification Form.
Each semester you must turn in you GI Bill Certification Form to your respected campus certifier to validated your enrollment to allow proper communications with the VA to recertify your benefits. Not turning such forms in can result to delay in benefit, dropped courses, missed semester, or student payments out of pocket.
If you are Using 1606/Montgomery CH30:
You must call at the first day of month to certify the prior month of attendance
Your verification number is your social security number then followed by your address zip code.
Important Phone Numbers:
Additional Information to contact Direct Deposit Center P: 1-877-838-2778
Certify Enrollment Status has or has not changed contact P: 1-877-823-2378 or online
If you are experiencing difficulties or discrepancies, or just have general questions you can contact the VA Regional Office in ST. Louis, MO at P: 1-888-442-4551.
First time using benefits:
When turning in your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to your certifier for the first time make sure to bring:
- GI Bill Certification form
- Or 22-1995 if you used your benefits at another institution
Important Information for All Benefit Users:
- You must attend all courses in order to receive GI Bill Benefits. If you fail to attend courses, you will receive an "F" specifically for nonattendance. The VA will recoup monies paid to Veterans who received benefits and failed to attend all courses.
- Veterans are encouraged to take their courses in the same session when possible to ensure a smoother processing of benefits to maintain full, quarter, or part time status. Please be aware of benefit break down on Steps to Success page. We understand that this does not always work this way but remind you to watch your billing especially for 1606/CH30 students.
- WD must adhere to school deadlines and refund dates and be reported to your campus certifier to make the necessary corrections to insure you are not recouped or bill incorrectly.
- If you are using FTA, it cannot be paired with reserve select Montgomery or National Guard scholarship. FTA can be used by currently serving soldiers only; more information is featured on this page.
- Plan ahead for the upcoming semester courses; waiting till last minute will only put yourself at risk for missing out on the current semester class offering to satisfy your degree requirements and utilizing the maximum amount of benefits. Keep this in mind for holidays as well.
- After you are certified for benefits, any questions on payment info (timing, direct deposit, and amount) should be directed to the St. Louis Regional Office at (1-888-442-4551). Tri-C is not the VA nor can we correct VA late payments or discrepancies.
- YOU are responsible for meeting the expectations as stated in your Veteran Responsibilities form that you are required to attended classes, submit proper semester paperwork, and conduct the proper planning to insure academic success as you attend Cuyahoga Community College.
- Certification is on a first come, first served basis. The sooner you turn in all your paperwork each semester, the sooner you will be certified to receive your benefits, so please do not procrastinate.