Transfer of Credit to Tri-C
We're pleased that you have decided to transfer to Tri-C. To make sure that credits from another institution transfer to Tri-C in the most time effective manner please follow these steps:
- Apply for admissions to Tri-C. Your transcript will not be evaluated until you have an admission application on file.
- Request an official* copy of your transcript be sent to Tri-C. Original official transcripts must be printed within the last year and be sent directly from a high school or previous college to:
Cuyahoga Community College
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 5966
Cleveland OH 44101
*An official transcript is one that is sent directly from the institution in a sealed envelope and is designated "official" in writing or by virtue of transcript format. Official transcripts can be hand delivered to any Enrollment Center office as long as the transcript is in a sealed envelope. Faxed transcripts are not accepted.
- Transfer credit evaluations typically take 5-7 business days after being received in the Office of the Registrar. After the evaluation is complete, an email is sent to the student's Tri-C email account informing them of the transfer credit awarded.
- Only credits and hours are transferable not grades or grade point averages.
- It is recommended students meet with a counselor to determine the best use of the transfer credits awarded.
Tri-C is accredited by the North Central Association and accepts credit for academic work competed at colleges or univerisites with the following regional accreditation:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Universities
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and schools
- Western Association of School and Colleges Commission
Students who have completed college level work outside the United States must have their transcript evaluated by one of the transcript evaluation agencies listed below. A request must be made for a Catalog Match Report for courses to be eligible for review by Tri-C. The cost of the evaluation is the responsibility of the student. The evaluation should be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar at Cuyahoga Community College.
Transcripts from Ohio Schools that have Closed or Changed Names
Student must contact the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools at (614) 466-7833
Transfer Credit Appeal Process
Cuyahoga Community College has a multi-level appeal process to address a student’s concerns when a student disagrees with the applicability of transfer credit by the College. Students seeking to appeal a transfer credit decision should meet with a counselor to complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation Appeal Form and understand the appeals process and procedures involved.
The acceptance of credit is carefully delineated in the Ohio Articulation and Transfer Policy (policy) and should be uniformly practiced by all institutions. The acceptance of credit is specified in the policy as subject to appeal to the campus level. Students have 60 business days* to file an appeal on an institution’s decision on course applicability at the campus level. The 60 business day period begins on the date the Transfer Credit Evaluation is e-mailed to the student's Tri-C address. If you believe your credit was not properly applied, click here to review the complete Transfer Credit Appeal Process.