Are you a former Tri-C student who completed the residency requirement of 20 hours and then transferred to a four-year institution without completing your associate degree? If so, you may be eligible to be awarded an associate degree from Tri-C using course work completed at the four-year school.
Benefits of Reverse Transfer
- Indicates persistence to complete a four-year degree
- Opportunity to be more employable and earn a higher salary
- Obtain a credential you have paid for and earned
Reverse Transfer Process
- If you have not attended Tri-C within the last three years you must complete an online application.
- Request a transcript from the undergraduate institution(s) you attended after leaving Tri-C. Request it to be sent to you. The transcript must be Official with the institution’s stamp and in a sealed envelope. The transcript must have a print date no older than one year at the point of receipt. Do not open the envelope or break the seal. If the envelope is open or the seal is broken, we will not accept the transcript and you will need to obtain another.
- Deliver the application and the sealed transcript along with a brief letter stating your request to have the materials evaluated for the Reverse Transfer Initiative. You must include the following information: name under which you attended Tri-C, present name (if different), date of birth, present address, phone and/or e-mail address. You can deliver these documents to any Campus Enrollment Center. If you are unable to deliver the materials to a Campus Enrollment Center, send the above mentioned materials to the address below. Your transcript will be thoroughly reviewed to determine if you have fulfilled the requirements for a degree from Tri-C. Often the degree awarded is different than the degree you were seeking while at Tri-C. The most common degree awarded is the Associate of Arts degree.
- If you have met the degree requirements through this review, you will be notified with the details regarding your degree.
- If the review finds you have not yet met the requirements, you will be informed as to what requirements are not completed.
We look forward to receiving your materials and anticipate your graduation from Tri-C!
Cuyahoga Community College
Office of the Registrar-ATTN. REVERSE TRANSFER
PO Box 5966
Cleveland, OH 44101