Cuyahoga Community College Physician Assistant Program Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Cumulative G.P.A. 3.0 and science G.P.A. 3.0
- All applicants, regardless of experience or education, must complete all of the required prerequisite courses and receive a grade of "B" or higher ("B-" will not be accepted). The PA program does not offer advance placement standing or waive any prerequisites, all listed prerequisites must be completed within the last ten years. If prerequisites are greater than ten years old, you may consider completing CLEP testing. The TRI-C PA program does accept CLEP credits, however TRI-C is not a CLEP testing center. Due to the rigorous nature of the program and graduate level science courses that are part of the curriculum, it is imperative that all applicants meet this requirement, no exceptions will be granted.
- Healthcare experience is highly recommended however, there are no specific requirements regarding patient care experience.
- Healthcare shadowing hours are no longer required.
- GRE test scores are no longer required.
- TOEFL is required for applicants for whom English is not their native language or those candidates who received their baccalaureate degrees from colleges and institutions outside of the United States. The score report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to CASPA to be verified. Only the IBT (Internet Based Test) form of the TOEFL will be accepted. A total score of 100 will be a prerequisite for entry into the PA program. Please note that this is a program-specific minimum requirement and simply meeting the Cuyahoga Community College requirement does not fulfill the PA program requirement. Students must be prepared to have scores sent to the Cuyahoga Community College-Western Campus for verification prior to matriculation if offered admission.
- Must meet program technical standards
Instructions to Apply
Please keep in mind that Physician Assistant program admissions are highly competitive. The Cuyahoga Community College/Cleveland State University program averages 500 applicants per year and accepts about 30 students yearly.
Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
The TRI-C Physician Assistant program requires use of the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) to apply to the program (when requirements have been met).The CASPA admission cycle for 2015-2016 is currently in progress, the application due date for the TRI-C/CSU program is September 1, 2015. Chosen applicants from this cycle will matriculate in August 2016.
In addition to applying with CASPA, a supplemental application is required for Cuyahoga Community College.
The TRI-C/CSU PA program CASPA application deadline is September 1st. Program accepted applicants can expect to matriculate the following year, starting fall semester (August/September). We do not review applications until after the deadline. If there are any questions about your coursework, we will contact you and request any supplemental materials needed for clarification.