Area of Study: Hospitality Management (Event Planning)
Degree/Certificate: Short-Term Certificate in Event Planning
Learn what it takes to be a successful event planner
Event and meeting planning careers are expected to grow 38.4% in Northeast Ohio from now until 2020.* With the recent opening of casinos, hotels, restaurants and venues, event and meeting planning is THE education to have in Northeast Ohio.
*Reference from Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
The Event Planning Certificate program is designed to:
- Educate participants in the fundamentals and practical knowledge of event and meeting planning.
- Provide you with the skills necessary for developing, planning, marketing and executing a successful event.
- Explain how to advance your Event Planning Career including guidelines for Career Pathways and Options that are available with steps to take to begin your own business.
- Provide you with real-life event planning activities and opportunities to acquire resources, work with event planners and gain experience.
This program is classroom-based and offers interactive instruction with hands-on creative activities, brainstorming sessions, volunteer opportunities, and guest lectures from the top event planners and resources in the area.
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following program outcomes: Event Planning Short-Term Certificate Outcomes
* Reference from O*NET Online