Are you interested in…
- a medical career. but do not want to be a nurse. . .
- having an active voice in the care of patients. . .
- a career for life, one that you can enhance and build upon. . .
- good pay and benefits.
RESPIRATORY CARE TECHNOLOGY could be for you!
Through 2014, Ohio Job Workforce projects a 19% increase in the number of Respiratory Therapists.
The current employment projections by the Bureau of Labor Statistics 2006-2016 state that Respiratory job opportunities are expected to increase nationally by 23%!
- WHY? There is a substantial growth of the middle-aged and elderly population, a development that will heighten the incidence of cardiopulmonary disease.
- Another reason for interest in the respiratory profession is attributed to a current shortage of therapists and that shortage is expected to grow!
According to Salary.com, the annual salary range in Cleveland for Respiratory Therapists is listed between $51,000 - $59,000 (www.salary.com).
Although hospitals will continue to employ the vast majority of therapists, a growing number of therapists can expect to work outside of hospitals under contract to home health agencies and physician offices.