The following courses must be completed before a request for an application is made.
Completion of the following courses (or transfer of comparable courses from another college or university). (Both Biology courses may only be repeated once to improve a grade).
Candidates must achieve a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) for the basic and additional core courses listed below. In addition, core courses may be repeated only once to improve a grade below “C".
- BIO-1100 Introduction to Biological Chemistry or CHEM-1010 and CHEM-1020, or other equivalent/higher level Chemistry is accepted
- BIO-2330 Anatomy and Physiology I
- Overall GPA must be maintained at 2.0 or better in all other courses required for graduation.
- There is no deadline to apply.
Once these items have been successfully completed, the applicant may contact David Lucas (216-987-5267) or Michael Cassida (216-987-5654) for an application.
Prior to the start of the program the applicant must:
- perform two (2) observation visits
- attend a mandatory orientation session
- submit to a criminal background check and finger printing
The program starts every May (summer term) and can accept 15 students. Once 15 students have been accepted, the program is full for summer and a waiting list will be instituted for the following May class.