Certificate-Medical Assisting Admission Requirements
Application may be submitted to the Health Careers Enrollment Center while meeting the following requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED
- Completion of ENG-1010 with "C" or higher
- Eligibility for MATH-1060 or higher
- Demonstrate a typing speed of 40wpm on proficiency exam administered in the Nursing and Allied Health Career's Student Success Center (Metropolitan Campus), or a keyboarding course such as IT-1000 with a grade of "B" or higher, or ITAP-1220 Speed Building for those students familiar with the keyboard but need to increase their speed.
- Completion of MA-1020 Medical Terminology I with a “C” grade or higher.
- GPA required: 2.00 overall
How to reach us
Health Careers Enrollment Center
2900 Community College Avenue
Cleveland OH 44115-3196