CHEM 1300 & 130L
7 Year Limit on Math and Sciences
Core GPA 2.5
Overall GPA 2.
Program Admissions Requirement
- BIO-1221 Anatomy and Physiology for Diagnostic Medical Imaging 4 Credits
- MATH-1521 College Algebra or higher (1) 4 Credits
- PHYS-1050 Everyday Physics 2 Credits
- ENG-1010 College Composition 1 3 Credits
- CHEM-1300 , or 130H General Chemistry 1, or Honors Generals Chemistry 1 and associated lab 4 Credits
- CHEM-130L General Chemistry Lab 1 1 Credit
- MA-1020 Medical Terminology I 3 Credits
Total 21 Credits
To be eligible for Program Admission students must also meet the following course eligibility requirements:
- Complete all Program Admission Requirement courses (listed) with "C" or higher
- All math and science courses must have been completed with the past seven years at the time the Nuclear Medicine application is submitted. Math and science courses completed over seven years may not be used to meet admission requirements.
- GPA required: 2.50 admission requirements. 2.50 overall.
- Only one admission requirement course may be repeated only once to improve a grade "C" or lower. A "W" counts as an attempt.
- Criminal background check and possible drug testing required.
- Candidates will be required to present evidence of good health verified by a physician examination prior to being granted permission to enter clinical training and CPR certification. Please refer to the Health Requirements for Western Campus Health Career Students.
- After formal admission to the program, but prior to beginning the first semester coursework, an applicant must show evidence of completion of a 2-4 hour clinical observation "shadowing". Details of shadowing requirements will be provided with the acceptance letter mailed during the summer session.