ENG 1010 or ENG 101H
MATH 1530 College Algebra or a higher math course encompassing Algebra
CHEM 1300 & 130L or CHEM 130H
BIO 2331 Anatomy and Physiology I/ BIO 2341 A & P II
7 Year Limit on Math and Sciences
Core GPA 2.5
Overall GPA 2.5
A "C" or higher must be maintained in all Nuclear Medicine courses while in the program.
Program Admissions Requirement
- BIO-2331 Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits)
- BIO-2341 Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits)
- MATH-1530 College Algebra or higher (4 Credits)
- PHYS-1050 Everyday Physics (2 Credits)
- ENG-1010 College Composition 1 (3 Credits) or ENG 101H (3 Credits)
- CHEM-1300 (4 Credits) or 130H General Chemistry 1 and associated lab (5 Credits)
- CHEM-130L General Chemistry Lab 1 1 Credit
Total 22 Credits
To be eligible for Program Admission students must also meet the following course eligibility requirements:
- Complete all Program Admission Requirement courses (listed) with "C" or higher
- All math and science courses must have been completed with the past seven years at the time the Nuclear Medicine application is submitted. Math and science courses completed over seven years may not be used to meet admission requirements.
- GPA required: 2.50 admission requirements. 2.50 overall.
- Only one admission requirement course may be repeated only once to improve a grade "C" or lower. A "W" counts as an attempt.
- Criminal background check and possible drug testing required.
- Candidates will be required to present evidence of good health verified by a physician examination prior to being granted permission to enter clinical training and CPR certification. Please refer to the Health Requirements for Western Campus Health Career Students.
- An applicant must show evidence of completion of a two 4-hour clinical observation "shadowing". Details of shadowing requirements can be found at: Observation Form