Begin working as a massage therapist in as little as one year through Tri-C’s Massage Therapy program.
About Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is the manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. There are dozens of massage therapy methods, or modalities. People seek massage therapy for a variety of reasons – to reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain and promote overall health and wellness. In Ohio, massage therapists (LMTs) must be licensed by the State Medical Board.
Massage Therapy Program
The Massage Therapy program prepares you for a rewarding career as a massage therapist. Run an independent practice, work closely with other health providers such as physical therapists and chiropractors or gain employment in other settings such as medical facilities, health clubs, spas, resorts, community service organizations, nursing homes, country clubs or with sports teams.
Tri-C is the first and only community college in Northeast Ohio to offer an associate degree in massage therapy.
Massage Therapy Tracks
- Complete the Certificate of Proficiency or Post-degree Professional Certificate in one year and apply for State Medical Board of Ohio licensure after passing the MBLEx exam
- 100% pass rate on MBLEx exam from 2012 to 2015
- Certificate credits apply toward associate degree
- High program completion rate
- Lower tuition than other area programs