New Admission Requirements Highlights
New admission requirements went into effect for completed applications received after August 25, 2014. A complete listing of the admission requirements can be in the Frequently Asked Questions and the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program packet.
- Added DMS 1320, Introduction to Sonographic Scanning course available Spring2014
- Defined the Admission GPA calculation
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for DMS 1303, DMS 1320 and DMS 1071 (total 5 credits)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for BIO 2331 and BIO 2341 (total 8 credits)
- GPA calculated using only the Tri-C specific admission course credit hours listed above.
- Extended the observation (shadowing) from 4-8 hours to 8-16 hours and requires observing in-patient exams
- No longer will accept BIO 1221
Completed applications are now being accepted for the General, Cardiac and Vascular specialties that begin Fall 2015. Applicants who completed all of the admission requirements by the end of the Summer 2014 semester should receive their acceptance letter by September 29, 2014.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program conducts the following sessions to provide more information about the Program. Potential applicants are encouraged to a bring a family member or other member of their support team with them to this meeting. The next session being held will cover these topics:
DMS Information Session-Learn where to find information about the Program What you should know before starting the DMS Program - Listen to what current students say on how they adjusted to the demands of the Program
Please revisit this site for periodic updates (typically January, April, July & September).