The Dental Hygiene Program at Cuyahoga Community College will be a prominent leader in dental hygiene education committed to academic excellence and clinical delivery of care.
The Dental Hygiene Program at Cuyahoga Community College provides dental hygiene education and services to a diverse community of learners in support of workforce and economic development.
The Dental Hygiene Program of Cuyahoga Community College offers an education for individuals from multicultural and diverse backgrounds who aspire to enter the dental hygiene profession. Through didactic and laboratory foundations, the curriculum prepares the student to develop clinical expertise and professional skills essential for the delivery and advancement of preventive and therapeutic oral health services to the community.
The Dental Hygiene Program of Cuyahoga Community College strives to:
- Graduate clinically competent and ethical dental hygienists prepared as primary oral health care providers.
- Inspire the dental hygiene student to assume a leadership role as a resource person within the community and to advance the profession of dental hygiene in a rapidly changing health-care conscious society.
- Understand that recognized standards of care evolve and change and that continuing education is a primary responsibility of health care providers.
- Apply the dental hygiene process and assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate dental hygiene services to a diverse patient population in a variety of educational settings.
- Maintain a contemporary dental hygiene program that reflects relevant and current evidenced-based dental hygiene practice.
Program Policies on bloodborne and infectious diseases and health requirements are available upon request.