Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies Certificate
Area of Study: Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies
Degree/Certificate: Short-Term Certificate
Contact the Financial Aid Office regarding certificate eligibility.
This certificate, which began in 2010, will provide the student with the theory and skills of conflict resolution and with an opportunity to implement this knowledge in the community. This unique program is the first of its kind at an Ohio community college.
The intent of this certificate is to:
- Provide a background in the core theory of conflict management and peace studies
- Provide the skills of conflict management
- Provide students with an opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills in a community setting through service learning.
We currently have an articulation agreement with Kent State University and are currently pursuing additional agreements with four year universities.
Fall 2017 Core Course Schedule
POL 1040 Introduction to Peace and Conflict Studies (3 credits)
Western Campus, M/W 12:30PM-1:50PM, CRN 81787
Eastern Campus, T 6:00PM-9:10PM, CRN 82014
Metro Campus, T/Th 12:00PM-1:20PM, CRN 83287
Corporate College West, T 2:00PM-3:30PM, CRN 84932 (hybrid)
POL 2040 Conflict Resolution Skills (3 credits)
Western Campus, Th 6:00-8:50PM, CRN 81762
POL 2140 Implementing Peace Studies and Conflict Management (3 credits)
Western Campus, Web CRN 83415 (POL 1040 & 2040 Prerequisites)
Summer 2017 Study Abroad - The Social, Historical, and Political Implications of Peace in Costa Rica
Application Closed (Summer 2018 application opens in December 2017)
Important Program Information
- Complete overview of the Certificate Program (Coming Winter 2017)
- Steps for Students to Receive the Short-Term Certificate (Coming Winter 2017)
- Faculty/Staff Biographies (Coming Winter 2017)
- Courses cost the same as all other 3 credit courses at the College
Professional Development and Employment Opportunities:
- Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- Peace and Collaborative Development Network
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please view the disclosure for this program.