Intensive Film Crew Training Workshop
The Intensive Film Crew Training Workshop is designed to give maximum professional instruction in a fraction of the time with the aim of training a workforce for hire at entry-level positions on broadcast, film, commercial, or industrial production sets in Northeast Ohio. The program was developed with the help of The Greater Cleveland Film Commission and I.A.T.S.E. Local 209 and consists of 4 weeks of intensive hands-on workshops. All instructors are working professionals in the Ohio film industry.
The intensive training will culminate with trainees hired to work on a short film, written and directed by Rick Page and produced by James Madio. All trainees will be compensated for their work on the short film.
• Learn about the various film departments; production, art, sound, camera, lighting, and grip.
• In a production assistant role, you will learn the chain-of-command and departmental expectations.
• Understand production documents & forms, set etiquette, set language, safety, protocol, and proper handling and lingo of walkie-talkies.
• Get hands-on learning of departmental tools (C-Stands, Light Stands, Lighting Instruments, Dollies, Microphones & Boom, Audio Mixers, Slate, Camera, Lenses, etc.)
• Networking opportunity with film industry professionals and other trainees.
• Getting that first step in the door of the local film industry in Northeast Ohio.
• Knowledge of pre-production and production process of making a film.
• Potential for instructors to hire the trainees or recommend them for hire on upcoming productions.
All participants will be required to sign a participation agreement, must be flexible in their schedule, and physically capable of lifting and moving heavy objects.