Choose Ohio First
Choose Ohio First Program scholarships are awarded to students who are committed to majors in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Medical (STEMM) related majors at Cuyahoga Community College. Scholarship recipients are required to participate in various activities that promote creativity, collaboration, and self-confidence. The activities are designed to help improve students develop in STEMM disciplines and improve students’ chances to complete a baccalaureate degree in STEMM.
For consideration in this program, an applicant must be an Ohio resident and student at Cuyahoga Community College and meet each of the following criteria:
- Freshman or sophomore status as of June 1, 2013;
- Cumulative 2.5 grade point average (GPA) or higher on a 4.0 GPA scale;
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits of classes at the 1000-level or higher;
- Majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics;
- Available to attend the Choose Ohio First Activities.
Interested students must complete, sign and submit the Choose Ohio First Scholarship 2014-2015
- A one-page essay;
- A copy of college (or HS if applicable) transcripts (unofficial transcript is acceptable);
- One letter of recommendation or endorsement from a college or high school instructor in the science, technology, engineering, or mathematics discipline.
If chosen as a scholarship finalist, you may be asked to participate in a formal interview as part of the selection process. Failure to participate may be grounds for rejecting the application.
To submit the completed application or for more information about the Choose Ohio First program, contact the program coordinator at the nearest location:
Mr. Bassem Al-Kaimari
Associate Professor of Biology
Dr. Pamela Ellison
Associate Dean of Business, Math, and Technology
Metropolitan Campus / College Pathway Programs
Mr. Kenneth Hale
Executive Director of College Pathway Programs
Dr. Geza Varhegyi
Assistant Professor of Biology
Mr. Robert Searson
Dean of Academic Affairs