What is the Office of Online Learning and Academic Technology?
The Office of Online Learning and Academic Technology (OLAT) leads the College in the planning, development, and implementation of technology innovation in support of teaching and learning. The Office is responsible for supporting college-wide online learning initiatives including online learning, blended learning, and other e-learning modalities as well as its application to classroom-based learning.
We believe in building a complete learning solution around the learning management system. This includes physical, blended, synchronous and asynchronous online learner solutions which are user friendly and learner centric. Online Learning and Academic Technology (OLAT) will lead the college in providing strategic direction and implementation of technology enhanced quality educational experiences by:
- Engineering student and faculty success into the online environment
- Prioritizing continuous, purposeful innovation
- Collaborating effectively within our college, and sharing and learning from successes at other institutions
- Providing tactical support for teaching and learning to advance students to relevant completion
Services & Functions
Online Learning and Academic Technology (OLAT) offers an array of services and is actively involved in different projects. Here are some examples:
- Learning Management System Support
- Online Program Support
- Online New Student Orientation
- Instructional Design and Development Support, including new course templates
- Textbook Affordability Initiative
- EduGaming & Social Learning / OER
- Online Streaming Video Media Technology Support
- ADA video captioning management of online and blended courses
Visit the virtual student support page.