As an online Tri-C student, you may be required to take online tests that are proctored by a third party. Often the proctored test is in the form of a midterm or final exam. Tri-C has contracted with Proctor U to provide this service to our students. Each fully online student is allowed to take up to two exams, in the form of two 31-60 minute exams OR one 61-120 minute exam free of charge. Any additional exam(s) taken with Proctor U must be paid for by the student.
Note: It would be best to test your computer out at www.proctoru.com/testitout before scheduling your exam. This test will take a few minutes to complete. You should have a wired connection to the internet, a webcam and microphone (a tablet will not work).
***Do NOT call the Tri-C support desk as they will be unable to help you while taking a proctored test.
If you are having difficulty using PROCTOR U in an online test, contact PROCTOR U directly at 855-772-8678 and from your touch tone phone select option #1. Someone from PROCTOR U will assist you. Students also may email the Proctor U support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're curious, here is an example of what your instructor sees after you have taken your proctored test.
Steps to use Proctor U at Cuyahoga Community College as a Student:
1. Using your PC or MAC, open Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
2. Enter www.proctoru.com into your web browser URL address bar.
3. Click the “LOGIN” button in the upper right corner of the ProctorU website.
4. Click on the "New user? Sign up here" link. If you already have a username and password, simply login.
5. Click on the “Test-Taker” button.
6. Select "Cuyahoga Community College" from the Institution drop-down menu.
7. Complete the rest of the Registration Form.
9. Click the "Create Account" button.
10. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. Click on the confirmation link to complete your registration!